Plc Siemens S5 115u Cpu943

abuelfun

HELLO
FRIENDS

IN ERROR DIAGNOSTICS ON CPU THERE IS A SELECTOR SWITCH RN/ST WITH TWO INDICATORS GREEN/RED .
MY QUESTION WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LED FLASHING AND LED FLICKERING

BEST REGARDS

Please be more specific:

• which of the two LEDs are you talking about (I suppose it's the red one)
  • define flashing
  • define flickering

Kind regards,

PLC SIEMENS S5 115U CPU 943

HELLO
jvdcande
GOOD MORNING

THANK YOU FOR YOUR REPLY , YES AS YOU SUPPOSE I MEAN THE RED LED.
MY QUESTION THAT :
1. WHAT IS MEANT BY FLASHING (IS THAT MEAN LIGHT UP CONTINUOUSLY OR BLINKING ).
2. FLICKERING WHAT IS MEANT CONTINUOUSLY LIGHT UP OR BLINKING .

N.B.
THE RED LED I MENTIONED IS THE STOP INDICATOR OF THE CPU.
MEANLY MY PROBLEM IS HAT I CONFUSED BETWEEN FLASHING AND FLICKERING.

BEST REGARDS

Flash Rate?

Hello abuelfun

Could you be asking about the flash rate (frequency) of the LED indicators?

Lets say a flash rate of .5 seconds on and .5 seconds off would represent the LED flashing.

Flickering LED could be the LED flash rate is .05 seconds on and .05 seconds off.
This would be so fast that the LED would appear to dim and brighten or even just appear to be dim.

Hope this Helps

Dan