Red Lion Tag & Display Export

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Guys,
Working on a big job that has 3 Red Lion HMI's. Two (2) are out at a remote location and they are G306 units. The "main" HMI is a G09 and is in the MCC with the PLC. In case it matters the PLC is a AB 1769-L33ER.

I have done the program for the remote HMI's. They are working fine. Now I want to program the G09. My plan is to create screens on the main HMI that are the same as the remote HMI's. Since all the HMI's use the same PLC is there any way to export/import the HMI tags from the remote HMI's Database and then import them into the G09 database? I dont want to have create all the tags again if I can avoid it.

How about the Screens that I have created? I can I import them from another database?

When I started on the G306 units, I tried to just change the display on an existing database and downloaded it. The displays were only about half there. I figured that is because the database was created for a G308 and the smaller G306 was causing that. So I am hesitant to do that with the G09.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Have you tried a 'Save Conversion' from the Crimson 3.0 File menu? It is intended to convert from one OIT to another - which appears to be what you are asking. You'll have to make the graphics changes to fit on the 09 but otherwise it will convert as much as possible.