Online reading outputs from MELSEC FX1s

Hi guys!

I have problems reading the outputs online from Mitsubishi MELSEC FX1s-10MT PLC in CitectSCADA DEMO version.

Is it possible to do?

When I open my project in GX IEC Developer I get a message
that the online program change functionality is limited for this CPS type.

Does it mean that it's maybe not possible do the online read in my SCADA, or is it not possible to do this kind of online reading using a DEMO version?

When I run the SCADA project I can see that the connection between PLC and SCADA works.

Is it maybe some update setting i have missed?

It means that the online programming function is limited in GX-iec
This has nothing to do with scada or the Online monitor function

As far as Citect Demo. I don't know but would not think you could use it

I have try some more thinks now and I think the problem is about the protocol i use in SCADA.

I used the express I/0 device setup and chose Mitsubishi/Melsec-FX Series General/Serial(PtoP).
This corresponds to the protocol MELSFX2N which works for serial communication on Fx2N and Fx3U if I google it.

It seems that the PLC and the SCADA connect(the program react when i break the connection while running) but don't the outputs when I address the variable tags in SCADA as Y000, Y001, Y002 and Y003.

As I understand it a OPC server would solve my problem but i can't figure out how I do it!

I have download KEPserver because i though i was able to figure out how to use it and setup the PLC and SCADA as two OPC client, but I really can't understand how to do!

You will need to check the setup for OPC server. It should require MODBUS

I am using GX-iEC at the moment so I do not want to risk my programming for now.
Not really happy with the GX-IEC program

I still work with this stuff and found a manual about data communication for the FX series, but it's a 700pages document and I can't really find the things i want.

I found out that I need to set and read some registers in the memory to send the data from the PLC to my computer, but it's hard to find a nice overview of all registers and what they do.

Can someone maybe help me with this?

I have tried some things, like wait for M8121 (should be set when the PLC are ready to send) and set M8122 (send data) in several intervals, but M8121 is never set.