Question on Free RSLogix Micro Starter Lite Software ...

sealyons

Just starting to work with RSLogix software for Micrologix 1000/1100 and am somewhat confused by their download page. It looks like they are now only offering the download with RSLinx Classic Lite in Chinese! Unfortunately, my Chinese is a little rusty. The English download appears to be without RSLinx which I believe will only allow offline programming and no connection to a physical PLC or the Emulator (which is what I'd like to use now). They offer the Emulator download but it can't be used without RSLinx, correct? Am I missing something? Is there a way to get all of this to work? Appreciate any help.

You have to download RSLinx Lite separately from MicroLogix.
Enter the part number 9355WAB100ENE for RSLinx Lite

Thanks. So, going this way, will I have to install both the Micro Starter Lite & the RSLinx Lite? Or does the RSLinx download include everything? I guess it should at a whopping 365M but want to be sure. Appreciate the help.

So, going this way, will I have to install both the Micro Starter Lite & the RSLinx Lite?
RSLinx has always been a separately-installed program, but most of the RSLogix packages do the RSLinx installation for you.