AutoCAD Dashed Box

Tim Ganz

I need help drawing a dashed box in autocad around some controls that are in another panel. I see this done in lots of drawings but I can't figure out how to do it. I have been looking on the internet and on YouTube but have not found t yet.

Can someone help me understand how to do this. Print changes are due in a few days and I am behind. I would really appreciate anyone that could help.

Go to the LineType Control and select a dashed line. If you dont have one loaded you can select "other". That will take you the the LineType Manger. There you can select load and then load a dashed line.

From there you can draw a rectangle that will have a dashed line.

I need help drawing a dashed box in autocad around some controls that are in another panel. I see this done in lots of drawings but I can't figure out how to do it. I have been looking on the internet and on YouTube but have not found t yet.

Can someone help me understand how to do this. Print changes are due in a few days and I am behind. I would really appreciate anyone that could help.

if you are using AutoCad Electrical, type at command line : AELOCATIONBOX