Omron

daleman

I am working on an old Omron ,C200H - MR831 PLC , it has a LK201-host link on it . I think there is a battery in the C200H and want to change the battery. The LK201-Host Link has two face screws to remove it, can i remove the LK 201-host Link without any programing problems or loss of any data . and after i change the battery can i just replace the Lk host link. i have done very little work with PLC,s ,and don't have a program saved for it, is there a the chance i may loose data and have to reload the program. New at this please advise. and Thanks in advance for any info.
daleman

Welcome to the site
As Osmanmom said back up first

The LK201 can be hot swapped
Do not turn off the PLC when changing a battery.

Please see the attached information from the C200H manual for battery replacement.

Please understand, the C200H hardware was discontinued in 2001.
Replacement hardware is no longer available from Omron.

I'd like to thank everyone for your help. i have a disk for the software for the PLC with some instrustrions i have to put in my laptop to get a copy of the program.i am new at this and your help is much appreciated , Thanks to all again.

daleman