logic pro silo simulator

Niall28

hi guys i am trying to program a silo but have too use counters can anybody help??? thanks
its for a course i'm doing in college

Last edited:
Thanks that would be brilliant. I have to program the silo using counters. I can program it without the counters. Ur help would be brilliant thanks

I have tried a load of times if u had an example it would be brilliant
If you would post a JPG picture file of your program (in LogixPro, select "Save Rungs as Picture"), that would help us to help you.

You do not say WHAT the counter is to be used for, so I will tell you. Use it as an Analog Box Level Indicator. The On/Off digital level sensor in the program allows material to fall out of the chute AFTER the box is FULL. For that reason you cannot eliminate all spills using the standard built-in Level Sensor I:1/04. But creating a Box Level Indicator by using a Counter and the PLC internal clock bit S:4/0 allows better control of the box level and eliminates all spillage, as shown in the attached picture.

Of course this will only work if you set up all the OTHER outputs correctly. See if you can do that.

HINT: When the counter reaches "92", that is when you need to close the O:2/1 Solenoid Valve, allowing the falling material in the chute and in the air to finish filling the box.

Silo Simulator Using a Counter.jpg

Last edited:
Niall28,

You said in your Private Message that it is supposed to be a "grain silo". That means it is NOT the standard LogixPro Silo Simulator Student Problem. In that case, you will HAVE to tell us the complete problem description as given, otherwise we are shooting into the dark.

You said you could not attach a file. See the directions "How to Post an Attachment to your Message" in this thread:

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=78821

Last edited: