Profibus in TwinCAT

fgsotres

Hi,
I am trying to connect a device to a Beckhoff PLC via Profibus.
This device sends a fixed telegram compound of a structure of 220 bytes and receives a fixed telegram compound of 128 bytes.
The informatiion within these telegrams will change every cycle but the struct will remain the same.
Because I have no much experience with Profibus, how can I get the data from this device to my PLC and how can I send it back from the PLC to this device respecting the size and the struct of each telegram.

Thank you in advance!!! :confused:

thank you!

thanks in advance for your reply.

Maybe I was not clear enough. My question was more related of how do I make the connection via Profibus rather than the way I manage the data.
I will like to know how can I make a Profibus connection (is there any special functions or is it just pointing to addresses?) with the situation described before.

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
In your system manager you have to define the amount of space (using any desired correlation of WORD, INT, bool...) that your telegrams will occupy and then you will have to link that space to real variables in your PLCControl.

Steps:
1. rebuild all your plc project.
2. save it to disk.
3. rescan it from system manager.
4. link the variables in your PLC to the newly added memory space for your profibus adapter in the System manager.

And done.

Hope this helps!