password for MicroLogix 1000

You can clear memory of the controller and put a new program into it, which will erase the current program. That method is described in A-B's knowledgebase document P16983.

There might be a way to bypass the password, but the policy on this Forum is not to discuss "cracks" or other illegal ways to circumvent privacy or licensing methods.

I'm sure that won't stop some of our less conscientious members from trying to tell you anyway.

Unfortunately the MicroLogix processors do not support the master password the SLC500, PLC5 & Controllogix families use. (Tested this myself to make sure - it doesn't work!)

They are classified as a "disposable" PLCs, and the only option is to reset them to their default and reprogram

This was addressed in AB Application Note A16851 - Clearing password protected Micrologix & SLC500 processors but I haven't been able to locate it lately (& posting the code here would do no good because it gets editted out by the boss.)