RS5000 to and from SLC504 over DHRIO Mod

mykeeplace

Lifetime Supporting Member
Need help on messages for talking read and write down a DH+ line.
Have a L55 control logic processor 4 slot, with slot 2 dhrio both channels dh+ and second module in slot 3 both channels dh+

Created msg with tag ""MAU_10_F10" Message". With tag "MAU_10_F10_ELEM" int[50] path is 1, 3,2,49 going to back-plane though slot three, channel "A", "octal"61 using "slcread" in box.

No luck on getting it to work.

Your CIP path only goes as far as the 1756-DHRIO itself, which will then execute the message on DH+ and return the answer to the CPU.

The Channel and Local Node number (or Remote Node, plus the gateway info) are what the DHRIO uses to perform that DH+ message.

You need to specify an SLC-style Data Table address for the source of the data, (like "N7:10") as well as the ControlLogix Array Tag that will receive the data.

I am doing a read first, so my read is from N50:0 and going to a array MAU_10_F10_ELEM with 50 INT[50] in the data type. i have put the module down in I/O config, but is show the triangle sign. I can see and talk to the SCL500 though RSLinx, though Ethernet and across the backplane. Plus there is a PLC5 set up to do messages when the panelview 1000 is on the assign display.

Last edited:
You will see the triangle sign any time you have a 1756-DHRIO in the I/O tree but are not using both channels as RIO scanners. It's a nuisance error.

Do follow my advice about the CIP Path. If your 1756-DHRIO is in Slot 02, then the Path should be only "1, 2".

If you are getting an Error Code from the MSG instruction, please post that error code.

Have you checked to be certain N50 exists and is more than 50 elements long in the SLC-5/04 you are reading ?

Thank you, the Rockwell rep had told me to use the full path. 1, 3,2,8#61 which comes out 1.3.2.49. I see now I just had to redirect it to the slot, and the information in the Module take over.

It's a very common misconception, and it's tricky to understand the difference between CIP messages and old-fashioned PCCC messages.

Glad to hear it's working correctly !