Communication with USB-RS485 Slave Device

Modbus_Slave

I am attempting to perform serial communication with a Thermo-Scientific oil heater's USB port using RS485 communication. I have found a two wire RS485 to USB converter, so no problem yet. I have no problems setting up the slave's address and network either. The problems arise when I want to scan the device for data. The manufacturer says the device must be commanded a certain string before data will be returned.
I am using CSCAPE with Horner APG PLCs. How do I send a command through RS485 and receive a response?

Thank you

Similar Topics

I have an existing machine running a 1768-L45 CompactLogix and the client wants to add linear actuators...
Replies
Views
I am trying to communicate with Omron PLC CP1E-N40DR-A over USB-to-RS232 cable, using a Java program. Following is my basic code— This code...
Replies
Views
Hi:huh::huh::huh: there, I am trying to get an ADAM 4561 converter to talk via RS232 DF1 to a Micrologix 1400. I know that some USB/RS232...
Replies
Views
I just bought my first micro830 and can't get it to communicate with my PC. I loaded CCW software. When I bring up RSLinx it shows the USB icon...
Replies
Views
I recently aquired an ICP DAS brand USB/CAN converter, model: I-7565-H1 to communicate with my 2 Lenze 9326 servo drives. These drives are a part...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom