Desperate for SLC 150 help

Boscoe

I am new to PLC. I bought an old SLC 150 and supplies from e-bay and after a number of pitfalls that I think I worked through (thanks mainly to you folks at this site), it seems that the PLC is password protected. Any ideas on how to reset or bypass the password in order to clear and then load mine program?

Thank you.
Boscoe

Have you tried removing the battery?

Does the PLC have an EEProm?
If it does, then it's going to continuously reload the program stored there on power up.

It does not have a battery (I checked that route already). I do have an EEPROM from a different source. I originally didn't have it in, but I put it in in a feeble attempt to "trick" the unit, but it demanded a password to do that.

I have since found a website that gives an overide code "940", but it doesn't work for me and the indication that I get from that website is that I need the pocket programmer to use it rather than the programming software.

Thank you very much for helping.

You can replace the whole darned thing
and still have a few spares for under $60.00
Ebay
I know that kind of takes the sport out of it though.

Since AB doesn't support these anymore, they have graciously posted the password bypass in this Knowledgebase Article

Note: you will need the Handheld Programmer, as I have had no luck in connecting with the PCIS software with this bypass (no Enter or Insert commands to send with the 940), but once you clear the password with the cheat, PCIS will then connect without the password prompt.

After uploading the program, you will need to re-download it to the EEPROM to clear the password from it - or on next powerup it will revert back.

Last edited:
Thanks for your help guys. Looks like I'm in search of a hand held programmer. I'm going to check with my friendly neighborhood salvage equipment dealer and see if he has one. There is one on ebay right now, but it's listed at $75.00. I've seen them go for half that much.

slc150

Port monitoring software may help you find a solution to your problem.

Last edited:
Thanks jrwb,

I found that too and d/led it, but couldn't get it to monitor my port. Could be that I'm just dumb, but it wouldn't work for me.

My salvage dealer thought he had a programmer, but couldn't find it. He's going to ask a friend if he has one.

Thanks again.