runtime keeper

Smallfry251

Hello all, Im trying to record the downtime of our machine and i also want to store this data and hopefully put it on a panelview plus so operators, supervisors, whomever can see it whenever... I know I need a GSV WALLCLOCKTIME and im thinking machine run XIC ONS then maybe a JSR to a new routine which will have the data store in it but the wallclocktime is just a clock not a stopwatch which is basically what I need is there a math function Im not seeing that will subtract time??? I guess I need to clarify that this is AB controllogix with RSLogix 5000 any help will be greatly appreciated.

The WALLCLOCKTIME essentially gives you access to the processors clock which might not be what you want. I'd probably just setup some timers and counters to keep track of down time. You could add a timer with a 60 second preset (60000), every time it's done trigger a counter. The counter will keep track of minutes. You could use your minute counter to trigger another counter to keep track of hours.

Thanks for the reply dmroeder and thats great simpler is better!! Will that affect the scantime? I wouldnt want a hangup from my timers to shut the machine down..

Adding another routine with some new tags to keep track of your downtime will add an unmeasurable amount of scan time. The only thing you typically have to worry about with timers and counters shutting down your machine is moving a negative value into their preset (which will fault the processor). If you are not moving values into the presets then you shouldn't have much to worry about.

If you come up with some code and want someone to look it over before adding it then post it here (zip it first or host on something like dropbox). If you don't want to post your entire program then you can just export your new routine and post that instead.