CompactLogix/Yaskawa MP2300S IEC

cstech

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am working on building a machine that uses an AB CompactLogix PLC for machine control, and Yaskawa MP2300S IEC for the servo control (3 linear axes). I intend to use Ethernet to connect the controllers.

Two of the linear axes will be coordinated together using a parametric function, and I will be sending the parameters from the AB PLC.

Anything I need to look out for? Any input is appreciated!

TIA!

I am working on building a machine that uses an AB CompactLogix PLC for machine control, and Yaskawa MP2300S IEC for the servo control (3 linear axes). I intend to use Ethernet to connect the controllers.

Two of the linear axes will be coordinated together using a parametric function, and I will be sending the parameters from the AB PLC.

Anything I need to look out for? Any input is appreciated!

TIA!

Have done many similar Yaskawa/AB systems. They marry together nicely and blow the doors off Kinetix 6K systems IMHO.

I love AB PLCs but Yaskawa servos are far superior.

Dear Baldone,

I am working the first time this weekend designing a system with a Yaskawa MP2600S IEC Servo and AD DL-260. Simple velocity follower but would like to add an HMI driven phase adjustment. Would you be able to give any hints this weekend through Monday? Just looking for an experienced user over my shoulder if needed.

Thanks,

Mike

I don't know if the specific Yaskawa drive supports it but we have used Modbus/TCP effectively in our DL/Yaskawa systems. It's very flexible (define your own contents) communication.

I can't speak about the 'phase adjustment' aspect though.