Knife Disconnect Blocks

Tim Ganz

I am using AB 1492-JKD3 Isolation terminal blocks / Knife Disconnect blocks.

On my drawings should the wire chnage wehn crossing this terminal? I know normally on terminasl the wire does not chnage because the terminal does not or can not change the electrical circuit but the Knife disconnect block can.

It's more like a small switch. Using AutoCAD Electrical and not sure what symbol to use to represent it? Standard terminal symbol or single pole disconnect switch?

What do you think?

In short YES.

The wire is being disconnected from another wire & thus is a different wire, the same as if going through a relay or selector switch.

As for the AutoCAD I would use a single pole disconnect.

Similar Topics

Hi; We are working for selection of a rotary cut-off for our corrugator machine and getting quotations of different companies. A USA company...
Replies
Views
Attached is a sketch of our latest project, it's a retro fit of a Hudson Sharp bag machine. It's basically a rotary knife (perforator) in this...
Replies
Views
The PLC is a A&B L71 the servo drives are Kinetix 5500. The machine is two presses and a roll form machine. One press is before the roll form the...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone. Im doing rotary knife application for my senior design project. I need some help about the program. i dont understand some parts...
Replies
Views
Gents, I've to program a new machine which has a flying knife, but I've no idea how start this. We have an extruder which makes a plastic...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom