ProTool v6.0 SP2, that act as OPC server.

Valera

Hi!
Are there anybody (please correct me if I mistake in language) who know enough about OPC server etc. There is options in ProTool: checkbox "OPC server". I have read about this options in Help, but I don't know how exactly will be behavior all parts of my constraction.

I would do like: MPI net (12 node PLC and OP)-> TS adapter->Teleservice->PC "BIG" on it there is ProTool RunTime (OPC server)->PC "BIG" is connected to LAN (there are PC-station "Small" and "Boss" in LAN. ProTool RunTime is launched on these stations)->PC "Small" with ProToolRunTime-1->PC "Boss" with ProToolRunTime-2.

My question is what will be in this situation. (How must I write project ProTool for PC "Small" and "Boss", what options and how I must use?)

Thanks in advance.

All of these things that you suggest SHOULD be possible.

The only tricky thing would be to set op DCOM connections on the LAN where you have the "BIG", "Boss", and "small" PCs.
There should be some FAQs on Siemens website how to do it (I never have myself).

Is this an application that should be constantly online ?
To use Teleservice should be possible, but I would only do it myself for projects where I had to be online from time to time.

This project have been developed now. But I have small trouble now. When I create tag through OPC(OPC-contorller in ProTool project) on local PC (there are both, OPC and Client) it is OK. When I try create tag on PC "Small" I get System message -> "Access is denyed".

Not knowing the exact cause, I would guess that it has something to do with DCOM permissions for users.

Did you set up DCOM ?

Can you create tags on "big" PC ?

Can you browse tags with the scout on "small" and "big" PCs ?

I can create a tag on "Big" PC, I can browse the tags on "BIG" PC, but I can't browse the tags on "Small" PC because I get system message.
Where and what permissions I must set as ADMIN (register, access etc) our admins are stupid I think.

It certainly must have something to do with user access privileges.
Did you follow that guide from Siemens support site about DCOM setup ?
It does talk about users and permissions.

Apart from that I have no futher leads. :confused:

Now all OK. My admin (sorry for my opinion about it) had set proper privileges for PCs. Then I have launched ProToolRT project (that act as server) on PC "BIG", and when I went to fieldplace and run ProTool project (that act as client) by ProTool CS on PC "Small" next time I can browse the variables on PC "BIG".