Programmer Speak

I'm sure there are a few missing:

"It's only a question of time and money" = "if you're stupid enougth to ask, I'll certainly bill you for it"

"maybe in the next version" = "No"

"I don't think that would work" = "you really don't understand this do you?"

Nick

Many years ago at college, whilst learning 6800 assembler, someone had a list od spoof pseudo opcodes. They are listed here: http://www.ahajokes.com/com035.html along with many more. My personal favourite is CRASH - Continue Running After Stop or Halt. I also fondly remember BAA - Branch Again and Again along with BAC - Branch to Alpha Centuri.

Nick

Ha ha. Another interesting table would be what a programmer says vs what the customer hears....

Programmer: Simple fix, it will be 5 minutes.

Customer hears: Someone done let out the magic smoke in the black box and now we are down all day.