RsLogix500 + EB8000 => simulation

numerPół

Hi everyone,

I found an information on forum that it is possible to make communication between simulation in RsLogix500 Emulate and Online simulation in EasyBuilder 8000, but I don't know how. Do I need to use DDE/OPC in RsLink Gateway or sth with com port? Can someone give me some advice, please?

Greetings

Hello Numer.
DO THIS TEST:
write a simple program with a timer in rslogix 500
under that rung, put a move command
in that move command, move T4:1/acc (accumulated value of timer 1
to N7:1
====================================================
now on the hmi, put a numeric display and address it to N7 1
save, compille and run the online simulation.
IMPORTANT!!
shutdown rslinx, not just exit.
RSLINX takes over your com port.
you will see on the pc screen the numbers running in your T4:1 accumulated value.
Good luck

I found this post and am trying to do the same thing. It sounds like the program does not need to be running in emulate 500 (cant run in emulate without RS Linx)
I have the RS 500 Program and the E8000 program running. I compiled with no error.
When I hit Simulate online I got a message about coms but could not read fast enough before "No Response from PLC" Message. Now I only get the no response message.
When I right click "Run Easy Diagnoser" I dont see anything happening.
Has anyone ran the Online simulation to RS500 program on PC
The EB8000 all in one manual is vague on this. I ordered a screen but wanted to test some programing before I got it, and would like to figure out how. I can do it with a Panelview+ like Numer said in orriginal post with an OPC sever for the link from PV+ to RS500 program running in Emulate but the EB8000 software is new to me.....Thanks