Merging two Wonderware windows

mnvoyageur

Several years ago, I created two WW apps. The machines were similar, but not exactly the same. Both machines are controlled by a single PLC. Each machine, Machine #1 & Machine #2, only required a single window.

Hindsight being what it is, I should have combined the two into one app and added a "button" to each window allowing the operator to switch between machine screens.

Is there an easy way to "import" the window/tags/scripts of Machine #2 into the app for Machine #1?

Thanks,
MN

fairly straight forward, do a DB dump from the 2nd app it will create a CSV file with all your tags and alarmgroups etc. open the CSV and the first line will be mode:ASK, change that to mode:REPLACE and save. (im assuming the 2 applications have different tag names.) then do a DB load into the 1st app.

then simply export windows from 2nd app(done in windowmaker) and an import into app 1.

open the imported windows in windowmaker in app 1, press F2 to select all, right click and select substitute tags, and select convert local.

and that should do it.

You do not even have to do the Window export.

After you load the DB from Machine #2 into the Machine #1 app.....
Go to WindowMaker on Machine #1 and go to "File>Import".
Point to the Machine #2 app on your hard drive and then you can select the windows or any scripts you want to import.

Note:
On the Import window....after you select the windows and scripts you want to import......Make sure you check the box (located at the bottom of the Import window) for "Use Existing Tags (Conserve Placeholders)", before you click on "Import".

Several years ago, I created two WW apps. The machines were similar, but not exactly the same. Both machines are controlled by a single PLC. Each machine, Machine #1 & Machine #2, only required a single window.

Hindsight being what it is, I should have combined the two into one app and added a "button" to each window allowing the operator to switch between machine screens.

Is there an easy way to "import" the window/tags/scripts of Machine #2 into the app for Machine #1?

Thanks,
MN

It's pretty easy, but make good backups before you do it. ;)

It's pretty easy, but make good backups before you do it. ;)

I forgot to add that important note....make sure you backup the apps before your work.
You can use Wonderware backup or just copy (or zip) the original apps to a "store" folder before you do the work on the originals.