Adding tags to Wonderware Historian client

NetNathan

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have a customer where I installed a piece of equipment that is controlled by Intouch.
They have a different pc running Wonderware Historian client, that is collecting data from other equipment.
They want me to add some of the tags from my app to the Historian client.
I have not worked in Wonderware Historian....yet.
Has anyone done this? What is the procedure?

I also...assume my development key will allow my access to the app to add the tags.

The historian license should be on their box already, so no need for any development licensing to do this. Although if you have a development license you might want to set a test machine with historian so you can play with it.

The historian is in the SMC, so you'll open that up and you should see it. How to set it up can vary depending on how you are communicating with the PLC. If you are just using a DAS directly then you setup up the DAS reference and topic, them proceed to add your tags. You can import directly from InTouch, I personally don't like that, I prefer to name the historian tags in a meaningful way.

If it is communicating through a System Platform galaxy, then I can't help. Or if they are doing tiered/redundant historians...but it sounds like it's a pretty basic setup.

Tomorrow when I am in the office I can review a system in development and give you more specifics. Shouldn't be too difficult.

hi, m facing the same problem some how, three to four month back our wonderviewer generate the auto report of 24hour at show at hmi. but now it doesnt generate. the report section values are empty.
another problem which i face after installlation of wonderware my window viewer work ok. but trends are not shown. at line pen below there is written unavail. if u require snap i will attach it.
thanks in advance.. please help