Buying Rockwell Software Licences

WTFSUNELECSUP

I need to get ahold of a couple more,RS Licences, to run on an additional gateway, computer. (no new processors, just another gateway, access computer) The local Allen Bradley dealer (westburne) is saying we have to purchase the software along, with the licences.

We just need Licneces as we alreasy have a Tech Connect agreement, to download the software, and/or own the software from years ago.

Does anyone know, if you can buy just the software licences?

Its for RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, RS Networx For Devicenet, Controlnet, Ethernet and RS View.

We seem to be fine on the RSlinx.

Last edited:
one of the biggest company can do what they like. Do you believe everything a salesman tells you. I have a block of land that looks over Sydney harbour, come and see it at low tide and you can have it for $2,000,000 US.

I need to get ahold of a couple more,RS Licences, to run on an additional gateway, computer. (no new processors, just another gateway, access computer) The local Allen Bradley dealer (westburne) is saying we have to purchase the software along, with the licences.

We just need Licneces as we alreasy have a Tech Connect agreement, to download the software, and/or own the software from years ago.

Does anyone know, if you can buy just the software licences?

Its for RSLogix 5, 500, 5000, RS Networx For Devicenet, Controlnet, Ethernet and RS View.

We seem to be fine on the RSlinx.

Nobody owns software any longer. You rent software nowadays.

Its one in the same...either way you would spend the same amount of money. I have techconnect and when I order new software (or lic.) they email me the lic because I can just download the software. You NEED the lic to make the software useful. Then 2 weeks later I actually receive the hard copy. again it doesnt matter its one in the same and the cost is the same.

I agree that there might be a misunderstanding about what you purchase from Rockwell Software.

Let's say I'm a brand new customer off the street and I want to buy RSLogix 5000.

Great, I purchase 9324-RL5300ENE from Westburne.

What I get is:

1. A license to use the software on one computer.
2. A box with a DVD and paper documents describing the license.
3. Credit on the RA license server to download my activation.
4. A short, low-feature TechConnect contract that allows access to the software download server, the Knowledgebase, and RA Tech Support.

When you're an existing customer, you don't get the new-customer freebie on #4. But you get the license, the box of media, and the activation.

So for practical purposes, "a license" = "a copy of the software".

Hi Ken, have you noticed the increased questions regarding code on this forum for AB International, l wonder does Asia AB see these sales growth? Hardware, Yes, maybe, not software or support, come in PLC.net