1785-ENET/B Problem

maynarddon

Hello all. I'm currently trying to configure a 1785-ENET/B module. It is attached to a PLC5/30. When trying to configure it from within rslogix, I get a "Invalid Host Name entered" error.

I've tried both downloading the program with channel 3A already configured and configuring it after I downloaded it. Both with the same results.

I've also tried to bootp it. It does accept the address but I am not able to turn off bootp.

Here's the series and rev info on everything:

Rslogix5 pro v7.20
PLC5/30 Ser A Rev R
1785 Enet/B Ser B Rev D

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

That error message is consistent with a corruption inside the RSLogix 5 project file.

There are several RA Knowledgebase documents that mention that error message.

If you had version 7.30 of RSLogix 5 you could change the 1785-ENET to Series C then back to Series B, which would clear the corrupted Host name.

You could try changing the controller type to a PLC-5E, then back. Anything that will reset the Ethernet Channel settings.

There's also a procedure in the Knowledgebase for exporting the project as a *.PC5, performing manual edits to clear the channel configuration, then re-creating the project.

That error message is consistent with a corruption inside the RSLogix 5 project file.

There are several RA Knowledgebase documents that mention that error message.

If you had version 7.30 of RSLogix 5 you could change the 1785-ENET to Series C then back to Series B, which would clear the corrupted Host name.

You could try changing the controller type to a PLC-5E, then back. Anything that will reset the Ethernet Channel settings.

There's also a procedure in the Knowledgebase for exporting the project as a *.PC5, performing manual edits to clear the channel configuration, then re-creating the project.

Thanks Ken for your reply. I did search for the error message, just not in the right place!

Does the 1785 ENET series C refer to the Ethernet/c from within the configuration tab?

thanks again!