got GSD File for ABB Module??

sherman4

Hello !

Does anyone out there have the GSD (Profibus file) for the ABB TU830 Extended MTU Device ?... If so, could you please share it with me or at least show me where can I get a copy of such file?

Thank you so much !

Hello sherman4;

The TU830 module you are referring to is described in the ABB literature as a termination module for an AC600 drive. I do not believe that by itself it is communications-enabled; normally you would need a Profibus-DP comm module for the drive. The following link will take you to a PDF document (on ABB's site) referring to Profibus-enabled comms for all their products. There are links to specific websites where you can download the specific GSD file you will require.

http://search.abb.com/library/ABBLibrary.asp?DocumentID=10/63-0.47&LanguageCode=en&DocumentPartID=&Action=Launch

Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

I am sorry, I believe I was not clear enough (and there is a typo) in my question dchartier..... I am talking about the Module termination Unit (MTU) which is a passive base used to house remote I/O modules within an S800 system.

If it does not have a related GSD, then I would suppose a DTM shoul do.

Thanks anyway !

Last edited: