Kinetix 300 Safe Torque OFF

msajid

Could someone please explain what is the purpose of the "safe torque off" feature in Kinetix 300 Drive.

I am in situation where I need the k300 to stop when it hits certain torque, Is there a way to achieve this on this drive?

All your help is greatly appreciated

Could someone please explain what is the purpose of the "safe torque off" feature in Kinetix 300 Drive.

I am in situation where I need the k300 to stop when it hits certain torque, Is there a way to achieve this on this drive?

All your help is greatly appreciated

What you are trying to achieve would not be achieved with "Safe Torque Off". Safe Torque Off is used to remove power from the Motor without removing power from the Servo Drive itself thus allowing for quicker recovery for an E-Stop situation where the Safety Relay cuts the power to the motor.

What you are attempting to do is effecively limit the torque which can be applied. This is something that you cannot really do very well in a Kinetix 300, its easier in a Kinetix 350 or Kinetix 5500 drive.

Regards
Ian