For the Aussies

Lemming

We are working with an engineering company sending a package plant over the ditch. I was warned to get the wiring colour codes correct for Australia as last time he sent one over, a specific conductor wasn't acceptable. They made them sleeve it yellow at every end. He couldn't tell me what the original conductor colour was??

I understood we are working from the same codes in NZ, and unsure what would require this ?? Assume may be white Ø conductor back to yellow ??, though this doesn't comply since 2009...

Any clues ??

Thanks Chris

Chris you are correct on the code, Australia/ New Zealand-- AUS/NZS 3000. We have the same wiring Codes. Sleeving to Yellow would have been a mistake or a very long time ago, when l think NZ had Yellow as a phase colour when l was an apprentice back in the 70's in NZ and maybe you had to sleeve the Yellow, but maybe it was Australia, but l can't be 100% positive. But the only yellow now is Green/Yellow for the Earth.

Yellow was a phase
they changed the earth from 'BARE' to Green
then Green/yellow stripe (for the colour blind few)

Black was considered an the Neutral - Until the European standard of Brown, Blue

they changed the standards here
an ACTIVE can be any colour including Black

Neutral is considered to be an active conductor because it can carry a voltage as the return cable.

(no the Main Earth Tapping is not considered).

Earth Must be Green/Yellow Stripe

Yellow was a phase
they changed the earth from 'BARE' to Green
then Green/yellow stripe (for the colour blind few)

Black was considered an the Neutral - Until the European standard of Brown, Blue

they changed the standards here
an ACTIVE can be any colour including Black

Neutral is considered to be an active conductor because it can carry a voltage as the return cable.

(no the Main Earth Tapping is not considered).

Earth Must be Green/Yellow Stripe
Thanks guys, will carry on with the usual...