SLC5/05 backup

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I have just had a job land on me. I need to goto site and backup a program. I have RS Logix 500 and a serial port cable and a Ethernet crossover lead. The PLC is a SLC5/05 and the photo I was sent show both ports are free

No one knows the configuration

If I try the serial port first with RS Linx and that is no good do I need to reboot the PLC to get BootP working?

I am unsure if I will be allowed to stop the process

Cheers

Hi
I have just had a job land on me. I need to goto site and backup a program. I have RS Logix 500 and a serial port cable and a Ethernet crossover lead. The PLC is a SLC5/05 and the photo I was sent show both ports are free

No one knows the configuration

If I try the serial port first with RS Linx and that is no good do I need to reboot the PLC to get BootP working?

I am unsure if I will be allowed to stop the process

Cheers

If BOOTP is disabled, then cycling the power will make no difference.

Thanks for the tips... Okie I have downloaded Wireshark ..looks a great tool