RSLogix 500 Timer question

Ian Nelson

Hello friends!

Might someone be able to give me a brief explanation of the differences between the .TT (Timer Timing) bit and the .EN (Enabled) bit? Can't seem to find the definitions in the help file for the life of me.

Let's talk about a TON timer - this is the one I use the most.

While the rung line going into the Timer is TRUE the EN bit will be set.

While the EN bit is set one or the other of the other two bits will be ON. If the EN bit is OFF then both TT and DN bits will be OFF also.

While the Timer is timing up toward the preset the TT bit will be on.

When the Timer has reached its preset the DN bit will be on.

Hello friends!

Might someone be able to give me a brief explanation of the differences between the .TT (Timer Timing) bit and the .EN (Enabled) bit? Can't seem to find the definitions in the help file for the life of me.

If it helps, they say a picture speaks a thousand words....

2014-06-09_231446.jpg