MoviLink B to G310

dphilps

I am attempting to communicate between Red Lion G310 and a MDX61B SEW drive on RS-485. I have NOT been able to properly introduce them to each other as of yet!! The Red Lion has the SEW driver, however I have something
not right. According to SEW the only difference between the MDX60 and
MDX61 is more parameters.
Wiring:
G3 Pin1 to Drive terminal X13:10 rs-485+
G3 Pin2 to Drive terminal X13:11 rs-485 -
G3 Pin6 to Drive terminal X13:9 common

Baud 9600
parity even
stop bits one
data bits eight
Drop is 1 on link

I have been working on this for 2 days now and ????

Hi all! I found problem, "BAD PORT!!" I connected into port via drive HMI port and it exchanged data GREAT. According to SEW support those two ports are identical with the exception of baud rate. they suggested sending drive back for repair on terminal port.
They work great with the Red Lion HMI on rs485.