Rslogix5000 Timer On Delay Instruction

lsrautomation

Good evening, quick question about creating tags for TON and bit instructions. So I have a timer named "T662" on the next rung I will create a XIC that should be addressed to the Timer. When I create the XIC and create the tag name how do I address it to the Timer (or do I even have to )

Thanks!

If you highlight your timer and hit F1, the help topic should clear things up for you. The XIC would be the same name as the timer with a .dn appended to it for instance.

A timer is a structure. When you create a tag of a timer, you are in a sense creating a set of tags. The context of the timer itself will be "TimerName". All other references to the timer will be "TimerName.something". Usually you will access the done condition "TimerName.DN" or the accumulated value "TimerName.ACC". Each one of these tags in that structure will have their own associated data type (Bool, Dint, etc.).

A timer is a structure. When you create a tag of a timer, you are in a sense creating a set of tags. The context of the timer itself will be "TimerName". All other references to the timer will be "TimerName.something". Usually you will access the done condition "TimerName.DN" or the accumulated value "TimerName.ACC". Each one of these tags in that structure will have their own associated data type (Bool, Dint, etc.).

Correct, but key detail when using 5000 is you cant simply right click and edit the bool instruction tag name (as it won't allow the use periods (.) in the tag name. You would have to double click on ? above the instruction, select the timer name and then enter the .DN

This was actually the issue I was running into.

Thanks for all the replies.

Once you have selected the timer name continue to open it up and you will see the structure members (.DN .ACC etc) underneath it.

Timer_Select.JPG

Last edited: