G-code Applications

lwong27

I have a customer with a G-code application (not a CNC machine) that would like to migrate to a ControlLogix PLC. Does anybody know of any third part applications to stream G-codes to a PLC or a better way to migrate a G-code application to a PLC? There is a host computer in this application taking CAD files and generating streaming G-codes.

Welcome to the forum.

I recall seeing on AB's website in the sample code section that someone has uploaded a G-code interpreter for ControlLogix. I didn't download it so other than seeing it was there I don't know anything about it.

Talk to the motion control manager at the San Francisco district office.

There was a demo application done ten years ago that would take G-Code and interpret it into a simple 2-axis router program. The demo I remember had a G-code program that would run a pen plotter through the old A-B octagon logo using G-code.

It might not be in the Sample Code database (the Search screen doesn't appear usable right now) but anyone who was doing A-B motion control a decade ago should remember seeing it.