slc 500 CPU 5/3

hiren gajera

Hi,
I have a cpu 5/3 on it both port are on dh485.
I don't have an UIC cable, but I have AIC module.
Is it possible to download or upload program via NET AIC module?
How?

Please help me.

Hiren...

Do you have a real serial port on your computer? If so what operating system do you have.
With a real serial port you can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx with a null-modem cable. Connect to the AIC or directly to the SLC5/03's serial port.

If no serial port (on PC) then as stated above your best bet is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter)

Hello to you all.
I hope I don't make myself sound completely ignorant, but when I use SLC 5/03, 04 and 05, I like to connect point to point using the CBL-1747-CP3. This will require a USB to serial converter but it always works. Is this not an option to you because of the specific configuration of your serial port? Or does your SLC 5/03 have two DH485 ports? As I believe this is a RS232 9 pin serial port that will work on DF1 driver. I was not aware that you could connect the 1747-UIC to the 9 pin serial port.
Sorry if this didn't make sense but I am trying to understand the dilemma here.

Thanks

PLC Pie Guy,

The OP said..

I have a cpu 5/3 on it both port are on dh485.
The 1747-UIC has both a RJ45 port and a 9 pin serial port to connect to a PLC ( the PLC's serial port would have to be configured for DH485), see pdf below.

Last edited:
I see. I just have never seen a SLC processor with two DH485 ports. So Ch 1 is a RJ-45 connection, and would the ch 0 port still be the 9 pin serial connection(labeled RS-232) or something different. Would this processor have RS232 DF1 default configuration for serial and it has been changed to talk DH-485 leaving him with 2 configured DH-485 ports?

I understand now, sorry for repeating an already answered question.
thanks for your patience Mickey

Last edited: