Mitsubishi Q series Comms

dfree88

Hi guys,

I have a friend who has a q series plc and cannot get the communications to work. he has specified usb cable and correct cpu type etc and GX works is still telling him that the plc is not recognisable??
He tells me he is also getting an error code on the bottom of the screen '018 08503'.
For some reason i think it may be something small and silly he isdoing that might be affecting comms but i cant know for sure as he is in a different country and although he is well able to program he is new to mitsubishi programming.
Is there dip switches on the Q00UJCPU that may be conflicting??

Any help would be much appreciated.
:confused:

Hi guys,

I have a friend who has a q series plc and cannot get the communications to work. he has specified usb cable and correct cpu type etc and GX works is still telling him that the plc is not recognisable??
He tells me he is also getting an error code on the bottom of the screen '018 08503'.
For some reason i think it may be something small and silly he isdoing that might be affecting comms but i cant know for sure as he is in a different country and although he is well able to program he is new to mitsubishi programming.
Is there dip switches on the Q00UJCPU that may be conflicting??

Any help would be much appreciated.
:confused:

Can he communicate with other PLC's with the same cable/software? It could be an issue with the driver for the usb cable. He could try re-installing the driver. If I remember correctly it is called easysocket.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Can he communicate with other PLC's with the same cable/software? It could be an issue with the driver for the usb cable. He could try re-installing the driver. If I remember correctly it is called easysocket.

Hope this helps,
Dave

Thanks for the quick reply dave, ye ive gone through all this with him and ive given him the newest version of gx works. he says that he has no problems getting his fx plc to talk to the laptop but not a q plc. ive done all the comms setup with him twice now and im starting to think it may be faulty hardware. his son is a software engineer and he has checked over all his com ports and drivers and theyre all good. IM STUMPED

Regards
David