Allen Bradley analog modules

dbozic

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Can someone shed some light on my problem.
I have not worked with the Allen Bradley PLCs. We need to connect the active transmitter(has its own power supply) to the 1756-IF16 card. Do I need to use the differential current wiring example(page 70 in manual
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/1756-um009-en-p.pdf
I see it uses 2 analog inputs.
The passive transmitters we connect as single end two-wire!?
I also see we need for current transmitters connect all the i-RTN to RTN-s.

Thank you for your help!

EDIT: When clicking link it adds )?? in the end so it does not redirect. Just delete )?? at the end.

Last edited:
Hi,

. We need to connect the active transmitter(has its own power supply) to the 1756-IF16 card. Do I need to use the differential current wiring example(page 70 in manual

I see it uses 2 analog inputs.
The passive transmitters we connect as single end two-wire!?
I also see we need for current transmitters connect all the i-RTN to RTN-s.

Yes and yes.