Siemens 1214C Series

mbowling

Hi everybody.
This is my first post so let me know if i left any information out that is needed. I am having a problem with my siemens 1214C CPU. We updated our packaging machine to a new siemens 1214C. However the machine ran like a top for 12 hours and then the CPU and its attached cards would power down for a split second and then power back up. I hooked a scope meter up to the power going in to the cpu and cards, to find out there was no power loss going in to the plc. I changed out the PLC and changed the program to an older version that we have in another "working" machine. The problem can be hard to diagnose because everytime this happens i lose connection to the PLC. The problems happen intermittenly but do however happen at the start of the cycle when it does occur. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have been beating my head against the wall for 3 days now.

Thank you.

Not a fan of part swapping but.... do you have another 1214C, this is assuming that the CPU you replaced with (and the old program) was a different type of PLC?

I have installed a lot of 1214 and 1212 and never had any issues (yet)

Hi everybody.
This is my first post so let me know if i left any information out that is needed. I am having a problem with my siemens 1214C CPU. We updated our packaging machine to a new siemens 1214C. However the machine ran like a top for 12 hours and then the CPU and its attached cards would power down for a split second and then power back up. I hooked a scope meter up to the power going in to the cpu and cards, to find out there was no power loss going in to the plc. I changed out the PLC and changed the program to an older version that we have in another "working" machine. The problem can be hard to diagnose because everytime this happens i lose connection to the PLC. The problems happen intermittenly but do however happen at the start of the cycle when it does occur. If you could help it would be greatly appreciated. I have been beating my head against the wall for 3 days now.

Thank you.

To me it sounds like a short circuit in an input/output signal/cable. Does the cpu have its own separate power supply?

Kalle

Either use Online & Diagnostics to view the PLC log for errors, or enable the Web Server and view it there. Best to set the clock to the right time first so that you can know what error relates to which event.