Help!! Need someone to write a program

Be prepared for some well deserved abuse. We do not do your homework for you. We do not encourage the entry of individuals into this profession if they are unwilling or unable to understand the requirements of the field and competently perform the associated tasks.

I have the first 2 rungs complete for the anti tie down safeties..
1. operator loads part into fixture
2. operator presses 2 cycle start pushbuttons
3. clamp extends to clamp position
4. grinder advances and dwells
5. grinder retracts
6. grinder advances (no dwell)
7. grinder retracts
8. clamp unclamps
9. operator removes part from fixture
10. cycle complete

initial conditions are
1. control power on
2. power air on
3. I/o power on
4. clamp retracted in unclamp position
5. grinder retracted
6. fixture empty
7. ready to start

safeties and special requirements are
1. clamp controlled with double solenoid valve,grinder controlled by single solenoid valve
2. machine must reset to initial conditions if either pushbutton is released before the clamp is clamped
3. anti tie down safety is required so that both pushbuttons must be released and the machine reset to initial conditions to start a cycle. machine must not respond to pushbutton signals if these 3 requirements are not met.

In almost all classes I have taken the labs focus on the classroom content being taught at the time. I can think of three or four different ways to approach what you have to do but that won't do you much good if the method chosen doesn't compliment what you are working on right now. So what is the classroom focus? Latch/unlatch systems? Shift registers? State machines? Sequencial function chart? Stage programming? What are you working on right now?

Keith

its just writing and understanding rslogix 5000. how to toggle bits and force inputs and outputs. create the labs and enter them into rslogix and download them to the plc

A good start. Now list inputs and outputs.

Will you be using any specific hardware to prove this program?
Are you perhaps using a simulator? If so which one?

I'm sure your instructor will have emphasized that real world two hand safety is not performed in a PLC but in a dedicated controller. But it's ok for an exercise.

When I analyse a sequential system such as this I break it down into the specific steps before writing any code. For each step:

What begins the step? e.g. 'In previous step and xx input conditions occcur. ("Input conditions" may be actual inputs or the conditions of Timers or Counters)

What outputs are ON in this step?

In your first rung are the coil instruction labeled "ATD Relay 1" and the contact instruction labeled "ATD" supposed to be from the same device?. In the same rung, is the contact labeled "All Reset" from the coil in the next rung? What is the source of the unlabeled contact?