GE Proficy License move

MATT116

I have GE proficy machine edtion installed on a laptop with possible a failing HDD. To be safe I want to get the GE licenses off the laptop but it requires a move to site code which means I will have to install profice on another PC to get a site code to move the license to o_O anybody know of a way to just store the license on a USB stick until I can rebuild the laptop?
Thanks

Install Proficy on another PC and move the license to it until you can rebuild the old one. Your only alternative is to make a note of the serial number, then call GEIP to register your license on the rebuilt machine. So long as it is legally yours there will be no problem with that either.

I was hoping there was a away to avoid installing the software on another machine. I/ we the company are the legal owners of the license, I will look into contacting GEIP
THANKS

I would call GE about getting the license transferred to a USB license key.
This is a lot easier to deal with. You can have Machine Edition loaded on multiple pcs and just plug USB key in to pc you want to use.