15 years in, and help

4) All the Photo-Eyes (PEs) supplied with the Accutrac 360 are Light Operate PEs. This means that the input to the plc is ON when the emitter is aimed at the receiver and its line of sight is clear.
Additionally, the amber indicator on the top of the receiver illuminates to indicate that it sees the beam and that they are not blocked.

Slight change of wording highlighted there...

Also, at the end, I would change directions if there are multiple sensors not working and break out the voltmeter.

I would take a voltage reading at the farthest one...If there is no voltage, then backtrack to the next junction and inspect. You will be looking for a break somewhere feeding the "dead" group. If the voltage is found to be low, start unplugging (or disconnecting) sensors and emitters one wire or cable at a time, and look for a jump in voltage. Then swap in one known good spare emitter and receiver to rule out cables or wiring. Make sure the new or proven sensor is marked so you don't mix them up (if dealing with QD cables).

To prove PLC inputs, I would teach them to use a jumper wire at the PLC while verifying that the HMI also confirms that the 'puter sees the little light you are looking at too.

Last edited: