Modicon PC0085 cable

As you probably know this item is obsolete,

but check this link....

http://www.delta-control.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=techgen;action=display;num=1065542972

These guys are making new cables for Modicon 0085 PLC communication cable part#AS-W422-00

"Cables are ready to ship! Anyone needing to replace a Gould (Modicon) AS-W422-000 should contact us at:
Toll Free: (88 882-1581 (USA ONLY)
Voice: (336) 472-0216
Fax: (336) 472-4608
[email protected]"

note: I am not selling anything, just giving directions :)

Last edited:
Brian,

any idea where I can get the software for the PC0085, I have 3 of these units operating efluent filters in our plant, I currently make all changes via a PP0105 handheld programmer.

Regards, Daryl

Hi Daryl,

I do indeed know where to find a copy of the software.
I used it once abot 10 years ago and just booted it up again to see if I could navigate around it. Looks a bit like Modsoft but will take a bit to get on to (dos menu driven screens).
It's called SW85. There are several versions I have,

SW-CS85-1DA Version 2.10

SW-CS85-1DA Version 2.14

SW-CS85-1DA Version 2.16

the last version designed for a 386 computer

I believe 2.16 will work on a computer with Win98 so that the dos program can access the serial port.
The com cable mentioned in the previous posts is the 'security' on the software.
The cable has an electronic box on it to prevent use of any other type cable.
Gould-Modicon-Schneider no longer supports this PLC or cable so I can't see them worried about the software.

Good to hear from you Daryl, PM me if you need more info.

Brian

Thanks for the software. I can see it works.

I see this is a very old post, but still useful.
I am yet to purchase a cable. I do not have a PC running less than windows 2000. Does anyone know if it will work on 2000 or XP.

The software definitely works, but the question is will it communicate.

i would say not...You need true dos for it to access the srial port..anything above win 98 it is a scaled down version of dos..

D

Still trying!

I have tried to find a number of times.
I have found for sale on the net, but have never had a reply to any of my requests for confirmation of stock.

I think the best solution is to replace with a new PLC.

I spoke with a schnieder agent (Serck) who will get the program out of the gould, and convert to Modicon for me as part of the sale of the new PLC.

If anyone finds a cable, please post. I am still interested.

FATController said:
Thanks for the software. I can see it works.

I see this is a very old post, but still useful.
I am yet to purchase a cable. I do not have a PC running less than windows 2000. Does anyone know if it will work on 2000 or XP.

The software definitely works, but the question is will it communicate.

As far as I know it will not work with Windows M.E. or newer 2000 or xp. I have an old compaq 486/33 with windows 95 running in DOS mode that it does work on. Yes, the software will run on the Windows M.E. using an older pentium Gateway laptop but it will not communicate. I have a cable I have tested this with to be sure. The cable is a special interface with a chip inside the DB25 connector. It is embedded in epoxy. So far I haven't been able to get the part number off it. I was told that a serial number of some kind is programmed into this chip, but I don't know that for certain. As I understand it the program is burned into a removable EPROM chip (or two EPROM chips) on the CPU board. If you have access to an EPROM copier and burner (programmer) and could send me the copied chip(s), I would be willing install this program chip(s) into a working unit to pull the program off for you and email the printout of the ladder back to you for free. Let me know if I can help.

Sid

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer Sid.
However, I need to be able to modify the program, as well as back it up.
I can get an old PC running DOS. I have the software. If I can get an interface, I am set.

jrwb4gbm said:
As far as I know it will not work with Windows M.E. or newer 2000 or xp. I have an old compaq 486/33 with windows 95 running in DOS mode that it does work on. Yes, the software will run on the Windows M.E. using an older pentium Gateway laptop but it will not communicate. I have a cable I have tested this with to be sure. The cable is a special interface with a chip inside the DB25 connector. It is embedded in epoxy. So far I haven't been able to get the part number off it. I was told that a serial number of some kind is programmed into this chip, but I don't know that for certain. As I understand it the program is burned into a removable EPROM chip (or two EPROM chips) on the CPU board. If you have access to an EPROM copier and burner (programmer) and could send me the copied chip(s), I would be willing install this program chip(s) into a working unit to pull the program off for you and email the printout of the ladder back to you for free. Let me know if I can help.

Sid
Hello Sid,

Is your offer still out to extract the PLC program out of copies of the EPROM chips that I send you? I'll pay you for your time. Keith.