Structured Text

besc

Lifetime Supporting Member
The ST programing language appears to be another name for the B.A.S.I.C. language which I use to know. But, does AB have a downloadable manual on the subject just in case their are differnces? Mike.

Rockwell Automation's Structured Text language for the Logix 5000 series is an implementation of the IEC 1131-3 Structured Text language.

It looks a little like BASIC, I suppose, but it's syntax is based on Pascal, so that's the old-school language it is most similar to.

A good reference manual for the syntax of the ST language in RSLogix 5000 is the Structured Text Programming Manual, Publication 1756-PM007.

You can download it from the literature.rockwellautomation.com website at no charge.

Similar Topics

I have an expression in a structured text routine of a Logix controller that looks more or less like the following: ResultInteger := Integer1 *...
Replies
Views
Good evening. I display the step number of a SFC on a display. Sometimes, on a trip, it goes quickly through many steps and I need to prove to...
Replies
Views
I am trying to set up a piece of equipment with a Horner HE-X4R. I'd like to use structured text and so far I'm just trying to get a basic On/off...
Replies
Views
Good morning. I'm doing a rehab and I need to recycle some part of the old code that won't change and that I need. This is a calculation that...
Replies
Views
I'm writing some structured text that's handling a data structure that comes from a PC. The PC structure is in the "new" LREAL 64-bit floating...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom