Old Step5 Cpu115u Problem

dj_adamix

Hello

i have an old CPU115u system with few I/O cards.
Got it connected, but no matter what i do i cant get it to RUN.
It always flashes error RED.

I believe i need a IM or termination resistor connected.
Does anyone know exact pins on the IM connector where i can connect the resistor?

Should i use standard 120Ohms?

Thanks

Adam

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you use only the main rack, you don't need an IM.

But there must be a latch between 2 points on the rightmost terminal reserved for the IM.

I think the latch was on place no 11 on the outmost sockets, but don't latch until you get it confirmed (I've got a memory leak ;) )

Kalle

Yes ! Now does anyone remember exactly which pins need to be latched on the IM connector. ?

Thanks for the manuals, but believe me I already exhausted my resources before posting on here. All siemens says is to buy a resistor module. I know there's a way to just jump the IM or use a normal resistor instead.

Anyone ??? !!:)

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

If you use only the main rack, you don't need an IM.

But there must be a latch between 2 points on the rightmost terminal reserved for the IM.

I think the latch was on place no 11 on the outmost sockets, but don't latch until you get it confirmed (I've got a memory leak ;) )

Kalle

Here it comes "fresh" from the siemens site:
Quoting:
"terminator has a bridge between the connectors d30 and z30 and will be connected to slot of the interface module."

The original latch is a cupper connection in a nice plastic holder.

I can recall that we just used a molested paper clip on our lab rack.

Kalle

Edit: The link:http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/view/en/13983231

See also the page 637 in the manual that moggie linked to.

Last edited:
Kalle!

Youre awesome!

THank you so much! i dont know how you found this but ive been searching google and siemens forums for two days now and couldnt find anything.

Your jumper works perfectly. CPU is in RUN mode!

Thanks again!!