Wincc install issue

Steve Bailey

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
The boondocks of Western Massachusetts USA
Trying to install WINCC flex but I get this error message. It looks like its telling me the choices for the OS I need to be using include what I'm running. What's going on?
I'm trying to install to a VMware image. Does that have anything to do with it?

operating system.jpg

Not sure if this applies, but found it some time ago on a forum when I hit problems with WinCC install...

Maybe a little bit late, but today I'd made the change (for the fourth time) from XPSP3 to Win7. The new Simatic Manager 5.5 was installed without a problem. WinCC flex 2008 I made some changes in the configuration.

First of all you have to right click on the setup.exe in the root folder and go to "properties". At the "compatibility" tab you set the modus to Windows XP SP3 and close by clicking OK.

The first problem during installation was the Windows installer 3.1 error, because Win7 uses 5.0. This I solved by going to /CD_1/MSI and opened the MSIInstallerW.ssf in Notepad.

By default, the "isCriticalComponent" value is set to 1. Change this one to 0, save and start the setup.exe in the root folder. Now you will see that the Windows Installer is skipped and all the rest will be installed normally.

You can choose to install all applications separately, but I needed to run the complete WinCC Flex 2008 installation to let run WINCCSQL stuff properly.

Upgrading afterwards to SP2......no problemo.

I hope this will work for those people who still have sleepless night to get WinCC Flex 2008 running in Windows 7.

Regards,

Rob