OT - Double Pole air pressure switch

cjd1965

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi
I need to interface supply air pressure into the emergency stop which is a monitored 2 channel circuit

I have googled but does anyone know of a double pole switch preferably force break contacts and CE marked

Cheers

You may use only one contact for example in the fase line, and have the estop both in Phase and Nul line.
as this switch is not emergency, (there is a safetyvalve in the circuit.

Hi
Shooter .. I considered a single pole in the circuit for A1 but this would not have any redundancy... so I want 2 contacts in the e-stop line so a failure of 1 contact would cause an estop and therefore be safe.

Thanks for the other suggestions I will check them out tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi
so I want 2 contacts in the e-stop line so a failure of 1 contact would cause an estop and therefore be safe.

Just a thought, but this sounds like you might actually want to use 2 unique pressure switches.
What happens when the MECHANICAL component in the P-Switch fails? Both contacts still report true, but you have no air pressure.

In my experience, pressure switches fail every 3-5 years.
I can only speculate that they just become accustomed to being in the "engaged" state, and will not de-energize without a tap from a wrench.

If this is for a safety circuit too, make sure you bring in a test procedure for this/these switches. Just my experience :p

Hi Devo
That is why I was looking for a force break type which I am starting to think doesn't exist..but ty for the headsup anyway