Temposonic Dummy Cylinder

Nethop

We typically have used temposonic probes in dummy cylinders for step feeder position and control in log handling. I'm considering using an MTS Sensors E-series Model ER for position sensing in a new installation. It would stroke an average of ~16000 times per day.

Any experience with this model?

Thanks,

Dan.

I have used several of these over the past few years. This model has been out for 2-3 years and is better built than the ones they had before. We use them in around powder so they are in a very dirty area. I typically use a 6 inch stroke unit that strokes about 10 times a minute. The only problem we have had is people stepping on them with a heavy foot. They can be a little hard to get 5-6 weeks is normal so you may want to keep a spare.

I had 6 MTS's from 8" to 24" stroking 7-10k a day on a soft mud brick machine, the cable connectors would fail internally in a few months and long lead time, so we switched over to Balluff http://www.balluff.com/balluff/MUS/en/products/overview-micropulse-transducers.jsp
First one we put in lasted 18 months. Their lead time was shorter and if needed you can expedite. They just needed the old sensor part number and crossed it over for us. Also very helpful if you run into trouble.