Plunger Valve

Charbel

Dear,

I am trying to understand if i can use a plunger valve to regulate level in a receiving tank.
What kind of instrument i need to use?
find attached datasheet and small sketch of the system.

thanks a lot for the feedback and comment,

charbel

vag-control system.jpg Vag-Riko Datasheet.jpg

That Vag-Riko valve has an electric actuator motor. You will need an actuator controller that matches the actuator. Contact the valve manufacturer for a recommendation of actuator controllers that will work with this valve. If they will not recommend any specific brand and model, then get detail specifications of the electric actuator (voltage, range, internal limit switch operation (if any), and drive signal options.

A couple of comments:

- This looks like a very expensive valve for use where extremely accurate flow control is needed. This may be overkill for your application. A conventional globe valve, a plug valve, or even a butterfly valve may be more cost effective.

- It looks like you can get a wide variety of operators with this valve, so you can coordinate your control system with the supplier

- You indicate you want to provide level control, but the only sensor you show is a flow meter. You may need to re-think your strategy. In general the closer the measurement is to the control desired, the better the system will perform.

yes it is good pssible to control a VAG valve yourself.
As\ there are many options available, more info is needed.
I would start with 2 relais outputs on a PLC.

Dear,

another application involves using riko valve to regulate flow to insure that downstream reservoir receives flow as required.

so i have included a flowmeter downstream of the riko valve. Is it possible to use the flowmeter to control the valve or it is better to use a pressure sensor downstream of the valve that based on the measured demand (by the flowmeter) and from a pressure vs flow curve characteristic of the network be able to get the pressure and use the pressure to control the valve and get the needed flow accordingly.

Also attached process paramters of the network for your info.

I really appreciate your valuable feedback.

from reservoir to reservoir.jpg reservoir to reservoir.jpg