Modicon Motion Module Software

aiki202

Has anyone had success with running MMSD (Modicon Motion Development Software) software on a Win 7 PC? This is the development software for the Modicon Quantum motion modules. It is DOS based software we are still using. (y)

The software opens and runs fine, but I cannot connect to the motion module. It appears it might be an issue with the USB to Serial Adapter as I don't have a built in Serial port on my laptop. I am running it in Win 95 compatibility mode. USB adapter is set to COM1, Baud is fine, etc.

Ideas?

Try using a pcmcia to serial instead of usb to serial. It has been many times with old softwares where the a PCMCIA adapter worked where a usb to serial converter did not work.

Similar Topics

We are reverse engineering this PLC and motion. We know there are 3 input and output addresses for the motion. However, we cannot seem to find...
Replies
Views
A little background first: We make RMC motion controllers that can communicate with many PLCs. We provide our customers with example PLC programs...
Replies
Views
Hello All, Was hoping I could get a little help with Modicon ladder logic. This is the first time I have seen Modicon logic and currently trying...
Replies
Views
I have a 170AAO92100 card that I am interested in using as a 10 volt output. Is there setup that I have to do in order to change output or simply...
Replies
Views
Hi, Seeking consultation on an implementation matter, and have a question about Modicon Compact 984 communication through RS485: Three Modicon...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom