Armorsratrt 284D I/O configuration

leighigh

I am working with some AB Armorstart VFDs on a DeviceNET network.
All of the VFDs have the same part# but some have a I/O setup of
6 inputs
4 outputs
or
8 inputs
4 outputs
the one I have is set to
4 inputs
4 outputs
does any one know how to change these settings
o_O

Last edited:
I am working with some AB Armorstart VFDs on a DeviseNET network.
All of the VFC have the same part# but some have a I/O setup of
6 inputs
4 outputs
or
8 inputs
4 outputs
the one I have is set to
4 inputs
4 outputs
does any one know how to change these settings
o_O

I don't think you can, unless the Armor Start has configurable ports. I'll have to refer you to the Rockwell documentation on the catalog number you are using. The ones I am familiar with are Ethernet/IP drives. none of the I/O is configurable they are either inputs or outputs. You can usually tell by looking at the I/O section of the drive, if they are specifically labeled as an Input or Output; then that's what they are. If the port is configurable, it will just be labeled with a number.

If it has configurable ports I think you can just set it by defining the tag for the port as an Input or Output, I have done this on Armor Blocks, I changed an 8X8 module to one with 16 configurable ports, all I had do to set the ports to an input or output was define the tag for that port as such. The hard part was making sure I had the I/O all mapped correctly to function with the way it was wired.

I did this by deleting the tag that needed to be changed and creating a new one with the correct properties. If I remember correctly, I had to make these changes offline and then download to the processor.

Last edited: