Transformer and solenoide brake

jblkiller

I have a solenoide brake for motor. I would like to know which capacity industrial control transformer (VA) should I use because on the nameplate on the solenoide brake the are 2 capacitys. The AMPS INRUSH: 4.3Ampere and the AMPS HLDG: 0.3Ampere.
Primary voltage: 208V, Secondary voltage: 120V
Thanks

Last edited:
The inrush is a killer, and that load puts you right above 500va, but I would not try to go any lower than what is required at inrush. Are there other loads?

I have a solenoide brake for motor. I would like to know which capacity industrial control transformer (VA) should I use because on the nameplate on the solenoide brake the are 2 capacitys. The AMPS INRUSH: 4.3Ampere and the AMPS HLDG: 0.3Ampere.
Primary voltage: 208V, Secondary voltage: 120V
Thanks

Size for inrush, plus some overhead. I'd add 25% at least; who knows when someone will take a look at that transformer and say, "Oooh, I'll just get 120v from here!"

-rpoet