Importing plc tag list to a proface HMI file

jtashaffer

I have a proface HMI. The part # GP-4301TM. How to you import a plc tag list to use in the HMI? I have the export tag list from my plc program. Is there a way to import it to the HMI program?

jtashaffer

I don't have the software wit hme today but from memory: there are import and export facilities in the software GPproEX3.x (I think 4 has just become available but I’ve not seen it) , for Proface the tags are called “symbols”

Open the symbol viewer and there are icons for import and export. I would make a few symbols and then export them to see the CSV format. Beware, when importing the software can make duplicates if there is an existing symbol.

Chris

jtashaffer

I took a look at the software, on the Symbol variable page, at the top right its says "utilities", clik on this and it will give yuo the option to import or export, export as a GPpro and this will be a CSV file in thier prefered format.

Chris