Looking for Enclosure

ndzied1

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello all,

Looking for a 6" high x 12" wide x 6+" deep flush mounting electrical enclosure rated at least NEMA 12. Found some 12x12 at Hoffman. Does anyone have any other sources that might have a box like this?

Thanks,

nOrM

enclosure

Norm,
I have just had a custom enclosure made by Saginaw Controls
( www.saginawcontrols.com ). Excellent workmanship and fast delivery
(about 3 weeks). It looks just like any Hoffman enclosure and it
isn't anymore expensive. You don't need to provide any drawings, just
dimensions.

Saginaw rocks! They make all my enclosures. I give them my prints and 3 weeks later, I have an enclosure with all the holes where they are supposed to be and it is ready to assemble. Great price too.

I once gave them and enclosure that was sort of "L" shaped with doors on each end and they did not even blink an eye. It was perfect.

Bob

norm:

ANOTHER VOTE FOR SAGINAW! Excellant Service, Good Prices.

You might look into Industrial Enclosure Corp in Aurora. They are a little closer to home. They used to supply enclosures for genset controls at one place I spent a couple of months at. Found them still listed on superpages.com, but not in a google search.

Industrial Enclosure Corporation
619 North Loucks Street, Aurora, IL 60505
(630) 898-0400

regards......casey

Never used them (or even heard of 'em) before.

Credit goes to Google... I just typed in the info you gave, and poof!... :geek:

Google tip: Search for a 'phrase' by using quotation marks. More handy tips HERE.

beerchug

-Eric

I used to use IEC exclusively, but in the mid to late '90s, the had a masive flood that damaged the business and they were not able to produce anything for months. I switched over to Saginaw at that time. I always had a good rapport with them, but business is business. From what I have heard, they rebounded really well and now are using state of the art laser cutting machines and CAD to do all the cabinet layouts. When I was a customer they were still doing everything manually (mechanical drafting).

kc,

Where are you located? We maybe neighbors...lol. I work in Joliet.

We are using IEC for our custom enclosures most of the time (and we do use custom ones - must fit under those machine bases, you know). There were few occasions when they could not deliver sooner than in 4-5 weeks. However, most of the time their performance was quite satisfactory.

Well, as often happens in my current position, I am asked for answers without being given all of the information. banghead

While they said they wanted a box, they didn't mention at first that it would be mounted in a lexan panel so it would need to be very light (it' is housing a couple red lion displays or something else very light.).

Anyway, I think they are just mounting the devices on anothe piece of lexan???

Why do I try to be nice ... it only leads to me spending less time on what I really need to get done ... oh well, I now have a ton more resources for boxes when our standard, Rittal, doesn't work.

Thanks all for the replies,

nOrM