Siemens 150U

Ian Alston

I need to connect our existing Siemens 150U to our Citect System and was wondering if anyone out there had done this. I am aware that Citect has the SIDirect driver for the later models of the S5 Range, however there is no documentation of the 150U.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Ian,

I could not see why you could not use the SIDIRECT serial driver in Citect. You should be able to use the standard current loop to RS232 programming cable. Addressing the Flags and Data Blocks should be the same as any other S5 processor (just remember the bytes are transposed in the words).

I have not connected Citect to a 150U, but have connected Citect to 95/115 and 135U processors using the above method.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Similar Topics

Hi guys. I'm looking for a simple method of scaling an analogue output on a Siemens 150u. On the 115u in comparison, I would simply use FB251...
Replies
Views
Hello I am having problems with finding info about an old 150U system, is there any one who happens to have a manual for this obsolete thing?
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a problem connecting a Siemens S5-150U rack to a pg. I use a 6ES5 511-5AA14 card and eighter an active V24 to TTY box with a laptop...
Replies
Views
The past week we received a new piece of equipment from Germany which utilizes siemens controls. Typically in our company we use A.B. controls for...
Replies
Views
Hello I have a s7-1200 and I would like to read the tags present in this controller with my controllogix controller. The two controllers don't use...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom